The department of Marathi is one of leading departments of college. Marathi Department was established in the year July 1972 [U.G. Courses] and P.G. Courses [M. A. Marathi] in 2007. The college has Marathi as an optional subject and first language. We have started1 P.G. course in Marathi from 2007. Department of Marathi has established ‘’Bhasha Vangmay Mandal”.Through this Mandal various competitions are conducted to develop creative, imaginative, intellectual qualities among the students of Marathi literature. The department tries to develop communicative skills through group discussion, interviews, seminars and workshops. The department challenges the talent of students through our magazine “PARIJAT’’ and wall paper exhibition in college. The department inspires the faculty members to work for minor and major research projects and also participate in different curricular, co-curricular and extracurricular activities. The outcome is that Dr.. Huse S.B. and Dr. Zade R.D. have completed minor research projects sponsored by U.G.C. and Mr. Akolkar R.A. is awarded M. Phil. degree by Y.C.M.O.U. Nasik. The faculty members are energetic and enthusiastic in publication area. Mr. Huse S.B. is editor of Marathi Trimonthly Magazine “Tiphan” .. The department also published the book on poetry-writing workshop. The Department always encourages the faculty members and students to take part in the programmes related tolanguage,literaturesl and society to bridge the gap between the higher education and the rural atmosphere, for example seminars, conferences and workshops.
IMPORTANCE OF MARATHI:
1. Marathi language and literature has a glorious tradition .
2. The Marathi is a medium of Enhancement of the awareness.
3. Marathi as regional identity..
4. Play key roles in printing and electronics media in mass communication.
5. Language is the creation of a man but language is Architect of human being.
SCOPE OF MARATHI
1. Study of History of Marathi language from its origin.
2. To review the tradition of various dialect in Marathi language and literature.
3. Study of various literary streams of the Marathi and their development.
4. Various kinds of prose and poetries in Marathi language and its study.
5. To study the human, social and cultural values from all types of literature.
Designation: Associate Professor